- ©DAVE & NAOMI ESTMENT, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's material (text and images) without express permission from NAOMI and/or DAVE ESTMENT is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to NAOMI and/or DAVE ESTMENT and NAOMI'S NOTES with specific direction to the original content.
- Albert Einstein
- Big Five
- Cape Town
- Central Kalahari
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Game Reserve
- George Bernard Shaw
- Hills of Africa Travel
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Khwai River
- Madikwe Game Reserve
- Masai Mara
- Nelson Mandela
- Norwegian Forest Cat
- Okavango Delta
- Oscar Wilde
- Out of Air
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
- South Africa
- Table Mountain
- Travel and Tourism
- Welgevonden Game Reserve
- Western Cape
- Writers Resources
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Tag Archives: Motorcycles
Petite Nicole van Aswegen is perfectly at home mixing it up with the men. On the race track, no less. She and Janine Mitchell are the only two women who regularly compete in South Africa’s National Super Sport motorcycle racing class. As the 2010 – and first ever – winner of our all ladies’ 600cc class, Nicole was featured in last month’s issue of MCSA (MotorcyclingSA Magazine). Here’s a scan of the article:
It was my pleasure to do Nicole’s promotional shoot, producing the two studio pics in the spread. Here are two more, for a little fun and glamour:
Nicole has achieved a lot, since starting out in 2006 on a 50cc bike. Gym and kick boxing keep her in peak condition, while she also works in the motorcycle industry, as a successful rep for MotoSport Distribution. Completely committed to racing, her heart is set on the international arena. In the meantime, she’s focused on defending her SA Ladies Champ title here at home. Way to go, Nicole!
For info about our studio, or to view portfolio images, please visit www.ovpstudio.com.
- Tight 2-Wheel Champs moves to scary East London circuit (motorsporthub.bundublog.com)
- Green on Two Wheels (thegreengirls.com)
- 13-Year-Old Motorcycle Racer Dies in Tragic Accident at Indy (jsyk.com)
- Champions honored at the AMA Racing Championship Banquet, presented by World of Powersports (prnewswire.com)
- MX Sports Congratulates Hall of Fame Inductees (motocrosspress.blogspot.com)
Dave participated in the first SA enduro of the year on Saturday: the EWXC (Enduro World Cross Country) held at Arrow’s Rest near Hartebeespoort Dam (not far from Johannesburg). We took along our cameras to capture some of the mayhem 🙂
Here’s Dave getting ready to race on his Team Pro Action KTM motorbike, not realizing at the time that he’d broken a rib only a few days before…he has a pretty high pain threshold!!
Dave got the hole-shot in the Masters Class, before a sharp rock slashed his tyre during the first lap. This put him out of the race and was most disappointing for him, but surely saved his rib any more harm 🙂
For the rest of the field, though, there was a war to contend with!
A few of the big guns took on the challenge of the extreme enduro event – and boy, was it EXTREME! This is Wild Will Gillitt of www.wildwillracing.com in action. He was also responsible for setting the gnarly EWXC course!