- ©DAVE & NAOMI ESTMENT, 2010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this blog's material (text and images) without express permission from NAOMI and/or DAVE ESTMENT is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to NAOMI and/or DAVE ESTMENT and NAOMI'S NOTES with specific direction to the original content.
- Albert Einstein
- Big Five
- Cape Town
- Central Kalahari
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Game Reserve
- George Bernard Shaw
- Hills of Africa Travel
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Khwai River
- Madikwe Game Reserve
- Masai Mara
- Nelson Mandela
- Norwegian Forest Cat
- Okavango Delta
- Oscar Wilde
- Out of Air
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve
- South Africa
- Table Mountain
- Travel and Tourism
- Welgevonden Game Reserve
- Western Cape
- Writers Resources
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Tag Archives: Hermann Hesse
Stillness speaks. (Perhaps this is appropriate after last night’s party :-D)
A silent whisper,
rustles the leaves
Its message murmurs
of mundane magic,
teased to life
by the act of listening
into the Stillness
Quotes to consider:
“Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
“No thought, no action, no movement, total stillness: only thus can one manifest the true nature and law of things from within and unconsciously, and at last become one with heaven and earth.” – Lao Tzu
“It is the stillness that will save and transform the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
“The stillness in stillness is not the real stillness; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest.” – Bruce Lee
“The only real valuable thing is intuition.” – Albert Einstein
“Believe nothing because a wise man said it.
Believe nothing because it is generally held.
Believe nothing because it is written.
Believe nothing because it is said to be divine
Believe nothing because someone else believes it.
But believe only what you yourself know to be true.”
– The Buddha
Synchronicity can be quite amazing. The message “stillness speaks” emerged in a recent meditation, prompting this post. Wordpress and the genius Zemanta feature added the link to Eckhart Tolle’s book by that name. Despite being a big fan of his writing, I’d not come across it yet, so guess what I’ll be reading first in 2011 . . .
On that note, here’s wishing you all a WONDERFUL New Year – lots of love, health, wealth and happiness by the bucketful, interspersed with true stillness. ENJOY it, everyone!
And finally, heart-felt thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to read this blog during 2010 and leave such lovely, supportive comments. You’re a collective treasure that we sincerely appreciate. THANK YOU!
- Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them, whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth. They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life. (quotationsbook.com)
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) (time.com)
- where will you go? (lauriecag.wordpress.com)
- How to Participate in a Faith Tradition as a Conscious Person (epages.wordpress.com)
- Richard Greene: Albert Einstein and The Scientific Proof of “G_d” (huffingtonpost.com)